Is there anything more comforting than rich, classic gravy? Use this easy recipe to whip up a delicious batch tonight. It will probably be the tastiest - and quickest - part of your meal.
You will need:
• 1 1/2 c. vegetable, poulty or beef stock (NOTE: The video below shows this gravy prepared with veg stock.)
•3 T. butter
•2 T. flour
•1/2 tsp. kosher salt
•1/8 tsp. white (or a bit less black) pepper
•1/2 tsp. paprika
•1/4 tsp. onion powder
•1/2 tsp. mild curry powder (NOTE: curry powder is optional but highly recommended for vegetable and poultry gravies.)
1. Melt butter over medium high heat. Do NOT brown or burn it.
2. Add flour to fully melted butter. Whisk constantly until all white lumps are gone and you're left with a creamy, golden mixture.
3. Introduce stock about 1/4 cup at a time. Whisk constantly as gravy thickens.
4. If necessary, raise temperature slowly until gravy starts to bubble.
5. When gravy reaches a moderate boil, add seasonings. Continue whisking.
6. As soon as you are happy with the gravy's thickness, remove it from heat and serve.